Friday, April 8, 2011

My Hyrum...

For awhile, Hyrum was asking me if it was Fast Sunday each Sunday. Eventually, he asked on Fast Sunday in March and I told him that indeed it was Fast Sunday. He then told me that he wanted to fast and go without breakfast and the snack I pack for church. I was taken back because what 6 year old would want to fast and actually do it.

Hyrum then told me that he wanted to bare his testimony in Sacrament Meeting. I said okay, but wasn't sure if he would do it. When we arrived at Church he kept asking me if it was time to go up. Finally, he was able to walk up to the pulpit in his suit, carrying his scriptures, to share his testimony. He looked so cute! Brandon was up on the stand, since he is in the Bishopric, and could help Hyrum if needed. However, Brandon only helped Hyrum a little by saying, "What else?" All the words that came out of Hyrum's mouth as he shared his testimony were words that he wanted to share about the feelings and emotions he was experiencing in his heart.

It was a touching moment for me as a parent. I could feel such a sweet spirit that surrounded my gentle Handsome Hyrum. Not unlike the Spirit I felt when he was born. I could truly feel that Hyrum was a remarkable Child of God.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet story!! He is such a tender little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing ever! Way to go Hyrum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet story. thank you for sharing that. he is a wonderful kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet, it made me tear up a little.

    My blog is going private this week! Check my blog to find out how to keep access. If you've already sent me your email thanks! I'm send this message to everyone on my google reader.

    ReplyDelete