Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hyrum is Seven

In November our Handsome Hyrum turned 7! Every time I think about how old he is, I just can't believe how quickly time has gone.
Brandon made Hyrum Mickey Mouse Pancakes for breakfast as is our usual tradition. He even got some sausage and some chocolate milk to drink for his breakfast. Hyrum was able to open up cards he received in the mail before he went to school. He couldn't believe how rich he was.

The kids and I went to Hyrum's school to have lunch with him. We brought him a happy meal to eat on his special birthday day an donuts to share with his class.Lucy came too.When Hyrum met up with us at the corner we sprayed him with silly string. He loved it! Hyrum received a fun birthday crown from school.We went to Cici's, Hyrum's favorite place, for dinner. After dinner, we came home and opened his presents and had cake and ice cream. Ben and Emmy were so excited to give Hyrum the presents they picked out for him. Emmy picked a frisbee to give to Hyrum. Ben picked out an angry bird to give to Hyrum. Ben and Emmy both picked an optimus prime treat to give to Hyrum. Lucy gave Hyrum a Cars watch. Brandon and I gave Hyrum an Ironman 2 Lego set and a shirt. It was a great birthday. A fun night and day to celebrate our Hyrum.Oh how I love my Handsome Hyrum. He made me a mom. I have such wonderful memories of him growing up. For the most part, he has been such a happy child who is quick to smile and laugh. He is a great big brother. His siblings think that he walks on water. He is so sweet with Lucy. Always talking to her and is such a big help. Hyrum is such a fantastic reader and has improved already so much this year. His teacher has even commented on how much progress he has made and what a great reader he is. Hyrum does a great job with math. Hyrum still loves cars. Hyrum loves riding his bike and is always trying to do new tricks. Hyrum loves to play with his friends. Hyrum amazes me with his knowledge of the gospel. I love to hear Hyrum pray. His simple child like faith brings such a strong spirit when he prays. We are so lucky to have Hyrum. We love you handsome Hyrum.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing those pictures of baby Hyrum in Provo made me cry! Am I a nerd? We just LOVE that boy, we think he walks on water too:) Happy Birthday Sweet Hyrum! (One day, we will be neighbors again so that our kids can know each other and know us as well! I know it will happen -- I can just feel it.)

    ReplyDelete