Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mother's Day

I was completely spoiled on Mother's Day.

The kids helped Brandon make a delicious breakfast for me and let me sleep in.  One of my favorite parts of the day was the fact that Brandon didn't have any meetings that day.  We ended up having delicious kabobs for dinner.  The kids gave me some awesome rain boots that I have been wanting. I loved the necklace that Hyrum made me at church as well as the three beautiful flower pots that the kids painted and colored for me.

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a mom.  It was something that I would always think about. In fact, in second grade, I was given a folder to decorate to keep papers and other treasures in.  For whatever reason, I drew a picture of twin babies on it, a boy and a girl.  I was weird, I know. However, this goes to solidify my point that I was eagerly looking forward to being a mom at a young age. I am not going to lie, being a mom isn't as easy as I thought it would be.  There are definitely hard moments when I am ready to pull out my hair and I doubt my ability to be a mom, but there are those wonderful moments. The ones that fill my heart with peace and reassurance that where I am at in my life, being a mom, is exactly where I need to be. 


I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to be a mom to my four crazy monkeys.   I am grateful for the many kisses and hugs that I get each day as well as the random I love yous...

I am grateful that I am able to stay at home and be there mom.  My kids help me to be better and I have learned much from them.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great picture! You look so good! Good luck in your upcoming move! (I wish is were to Seattle!)

    ReplyDelete