Monday, August 20, 2012

Ben and Emmy's Preschool Graduation

On May 23rd, Ben and Emmy had their graduation from preschool.  I loved every minute of their program. I loved how excited they were for Brandon, Hyrum, Lucy and I to come and watch them show off all the many fun things that they had learned through the year.

I loved watching them march in with their class at the beginning. You could tell by watching them that they were taking their part in the program very seriously.

Ben was bursting with pride to hold the flag while everyone said the pledge of allengce and the kids sang the song Your a Grand Ole' Flag.  It was so cute, but let's be honest, everything the kids did in the program was so dang cute.
 The kids each had a part to say in program to explain what the class would demonstrate next.

The kids sang their various songs that they do when they have calendar time. A song was sung about the days of the week (even in opera and silent mode), months of the year as well as a song about the weather.

The kids then went on to sing a cute ABC song that had the singing about the different sounds the letters make. Next, the kids sang an adorable colors of the rainbow song in sign language.

Then, the kids recited there favorite poems that they had learned during the year.  Emmy chose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Once I Caught a Fish Alive.  Ben chose Hot Cross Buns.  I thought I would try to get a close shot of them doing their poems, but Lucy started crying, so I ended up filming their parts below at home.  

Next, the kids sang their two favorite songs from the year.  Tarzan and Tootie Ta.  I love how you can see Emmy laughing so hard in this picture.


To end the program, the kids sang the song  You Got a Friend in Me. It was so cute and perfect for these kids who are such good friends and have been over the years we have lived in Memphis.

To show our gratitiude for Miss Lisa. Each child gave her a flower and stated why they loved her as a teacher.  We, as parents, contributed towards a gift card as well to her favorite store.

The kids absolutely loved their teacher, Miss Lisa and so did I.
Miss Lisa helped Emmy thrive and succeed in school overcoming her shyness.
Miss Lisa helped Ben grow in leaps and bounds with his reading.
Miss Lisa made school fun and enjoyable and helped the kids desire for more knowledge.  Most of all, she made the kids feel loved, wanted and important. 


Aubrey, Elle, Emmy
Picture taken by Kara Jo Photography


Matt, Parker, Ben, Tucker

 We couldn't have asked for a better school year. I am broken hearted at the thought of my babies heading off to Kindergarten this year.  I will miss them so much.  I love having and hearing their fun personalities around the house.

I am so proud of Emmy and all the fears that she has overcame and everything that she has accomplished.


I am so proud of Ben and everything that he has accomplished during the school year. 

I am so blessed to have these amazing children in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment