Monday, October 1, 2012

Moving to Colorado

On July 6th we packed the truck and cleaned the house.  We are so grateful for all the help that we were given.    We spent the night of July 6th in a hotel in Memphis and decided it was worth every penny. On the morning of the 7th, Brandon and his dad (we are so lucky he came to help) went back to our house one final time and did the final touch ups.  I asked him if he would please take a final picture of the house.

These pictures of the kids are before we started are great cross country journey. 

Hryum insisted we had to take a picture of the last and final time we would cross the Mississippi river into Arkansas.  



You can see Brandon and the truck pulling the Honda in front of us.

We went through Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico and Colorado.  It was quite the journey over the course of two days, but we made it and the kids did AWESOME, even Lucy. 




I about died when we came to our new home for the first time. We signed the contract site unseen.  When we walked into the house, there was an overwhelming odor of skunk and moth balls. Ben walked around dry heaving and commenting how he was going to throw-up.  I was ready to turn around and head back to Memphis.  However, after praying in the hotel room, we got the confirmation again that we were at the place we should be.  One of the top priorities we had when looking at places to move was finding a place with good schools for our children. Schooling is important and we didn't want our kids to be deprived.  We decided we could over look the cosmetic problems of the house if our kids would be in a safe environment and attend a great school.  We didn't know where we would be moving to until the middle of June. It took a lot of faith and patience until we found the spot where the Lord wanted us to be. I still remember the peaceful and calm feeling that came over us as we prayed together to know if Brandon should take the job.  That feeling came once again as we prayed in the hotel room.


Writing this post has made me a little sentimental.  You can read about our move out to Memphis here.  Also, I have been thinking about what our family was like when we moved to Memphis and when we left. I have been reminiscing and enjoying the memories from our time in Memphis that I will always treasure. Memphis is where I was a young mother, where I learned many things, where I matured, where I grew closer to my husband and my Lord through trials and tribulations. However, Memphis was a time of joy and gladness. 

Our family in June 2007, right before we moved to Memphis

Our family in June 2012, right before we moved to Colorado

 We are so glad that we stayed where we are at and are excited for the new adventure of living in Colorado.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Colorado! Best state ever. Seriously. Even if you moved to the wrong part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my summer vacations in Colorado. Such a beautiful state! Your beautiful family certainly has grown since you moved to Memphis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog and seeing your cutie pie kids! I really hope you guys love it in Colorado.
    Your mom was telling me that she didn't think you have printed your blog into books. If you want to print them, I think it is SO worth every penny! Email me and I'll let you know my opinion on printing places if you feel like it. Love ya!! kodi
    toadylynn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete