Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Weekend Part 1

On Thursday, Febuary 11th, Hyrum had his class Valentine's Day party. Once again I was able help with the party. Before the party the kids passed out their Valentines. Hyrum worked very hard on his Valentines and was very eager to pass them to his friends.Once again the moms who helped with the party planned such fun activities. I think Hyrum always has such a great time.

Of course, he got to decorate some cookies. He was so sweet and decorated the big cookie just for me. He was so excited to share it with me when we got home.He also made a candy necklace.Hyrum also made a Valentine's Day Sucker with his picture on it.Pin the nose on the clown was another game played at the party as well as Don't Eat Cupid.
Hyrum also had a chance to decorate a foam heart.On the Friday before Valentine's Day everyone in our family had dates. To start the night off, the little boys gave flowers to Emmy and Mommy. They were very excited to give myself and Emmy the flowers.Can you tell Ben just woke up? Before mine and Emmy's date, I looked at a local cheap movie theater website to see if there was a fun movie to go and see. Emmy saw the Princess and the Frog on the site and wanted to see that movie again.

I loved seeing how excited Emmy was to go on our date. Emmy and I grabbed a quick bite to eat at Subway before our Movie.

I got her the kid combo of treats at the movie theater for her to enjoy while watching the movie. Her favorite part of the combo was the nummie fruit by the foot.

Before the movie started, she was chanting "Princess and the Frog" over and over. It was fun to hear her sing along with the opening song, comment and laugh about the movie and snuggle while watching the show. I think she could have fallen asleep at the end of the movie in my lap.

It was so enjoyable to just have one child for just a short amount of time. I was able to really focus on her and enjoy her fun personality of a spunky three year old. I think she really enjoyed our date. Of course, since the boys took the camera to the Monster Truck Rally I don't have any pictures of our night out on the town, but we had much fun together.

The boys and Brandon went to a Monster Truck Rally. Yes, the tickets were a little pricey, but if you know our boys and they loved every minute and thought it was awesome. The money was well spent.

The boys arrived a little early to the Monster Truck Rally so they could go down in the pit and get a closer look at the vehicles. Brandon and the kids went to the rally with some friends from our ward.
They had a great time. Hyrum's favorite truck was Grave Digger. He just thought it was cool that he had a skeleton on it. Ben of course liked Spiderman and got excited every time he came onto the course. The trucks were so loud that Hyrum, even with ear plugs, had to hold his hands over his ears. Even though the trucks were cool, I think the kids favorite part was the BMX bikes and the motorcycles that did tricks in the air.

The boys were very excited when they came home that evening. Both Ben and Hyrum had many things to tell me about what they saw that night. I had to laugh at Hyrum, he was very excited to give her a flier someone was handing out the Monster Truck Rally.

The next morning, as Hyrum was telling about all the fun they had the night before, he got a worried look on his face. Hyrum then went on to tell me that we needed to go back to the Monster Truck Rally that night because the man told them to come back and see them. It was pretty cute! Date night was the perfect way to start off the Valentine's weekend.

7 comments:

  1. I found your new blog! :) I can't believe how big your little kiddos are getting! Looks like they are having tons of fun! And I can't get over how much your little girl looks like you! so cute! :) I'll read more of your blog later, but should prob get to bed for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN tradition! We may have to steal that one from you guys:)

    And Brandon...Brian is little worried about your neck....something about a bad sunburn? Are we detecting a little redness? :)

    We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie....

    My question to you is...how do you freaking do this all? I only have two and I am always exhausted and do not do half what you do? Drugs? Genetics? What is your secret! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun dates! The kids look like they had an awesome Valentine's weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lot of fun. I love that your boys loved the monster trucks. Carson would have hated it because of the noise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great Valentine party with lots of fun activities for the kids... is this like joy school with sisters from church? Also I love your date nights with the kids! So fun and great memories for those kidos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the coolest sounding Valentine's party ever! Emmy is adorable and I love that the boys gave both you and her flowers :) My nephew loves monster trucks as well. It's so cute! Happy V-day!

    ReplyDelete