Friday, April 16, 2010

It's Back...

It is that time of year again when soccer is about to begin. This year, Hyrum moved up to the next level of 5-6 year olds. Also, something new for him this year is that his dad, Brandon, is the coach of his team. They had their first practice on Tuesday(the 13th) and I think that it went well. Hyrum seems pleased to be back playing soccer again with all of his friends. Hopefully he will remember how to play aggressive. He was doing so well at the end of last season and finally everything just seemed to click for him. I just hope the connection carried over to this season.Ben is also playing soccer again this year along with Emmy. It is Emmy's first season! They had their practice on Thursday (15th) and I also think that practice went well. They have Hyrum's beloved Ms. Tami and their friend Ryan's mom as their coaches. In the picture below they are practicing their listening skills.In the next couple of pictures, they are practicing running on the lines of the field and listening for the whistle that tells them to freeze.
Emmy stretchingWaiting for their turn to kick the ball into the goal.
Ben got right in there and started playing. He did such a great job! He is such a cute little player to watch play. Emmy also surprised me and got right in on the action doing everything. I was a little worried about how much she would end up participating and I have been pleasantly surprised. However, she did have her hands in her pockets for most of the practice. I guess we need to send her with shorts without pockets to practice. Also, I noticed in the pictures I took of her, that her tongue is sticking out in a couple of the shots.The first games of the season are tomorrow and it should be interesting to see how everything works out.

3 comments:

  1. so cute! I cant wait to watch them play today. Brandon is such a good guy...he will be an awesome coach...I am so EXCITED!!!! You may wish I didnt put Josi on your team again! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for all of your kids to be in soccer! And with Brandon as a coach. You are a full on soccer mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling!! A family of precious little soccer players. I love it.

    ReplyDelete