Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ward Easter Party

On March 27th our ward had their Easter party. It was basically the same party which happened last year. However, that didn't prevent Hyrum, Ben and Emmy having a great time.

Some of you know that I was recently called to be the 1st counselor in the Primary in our ward and therefore, along with other members in the presidency, were in charge of the party.

Before the party started I told, pleaded, begged Brandon to take pictures like I would take them.

I think he did very well.
Waiting for the activity to begin.

To start the morning off, the kids did the Easter egg hunt.

Lining up to find go out and hunt for eggs.
Each child was told to get six eggs of different colors.There were six different rotations for the kids to go through and drop their eggs and receive some candy. At each rotation the kids would hear different parts of the Easter story; of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. From what Brandon told me the kids were very well behaved and really enjoyed the activity.Hyrum and JosalynAfter the activity was over, there was a nice potluck lunch. The party was a great way to start off the Easter season.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun take on an Easter Hunt. I love it!

    btw, Paul and I are working with Paul, the mortgage broker (I can't remember his last name), from your home ward. He says that his family goes to Lake Powell with your family every year. Nice guy. Fun to make connections like these!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just released as first counselor in primary! What a fun calling!!! Your ward seems so fun -- it seems that they do parties for every holiday! I love it -- what a neat thing. (well, unless you will have to help put together every one...then it probably wouldn't be so neat...)

    ReplyDelete