Friday, June 3, 2011

Hyrum's Kindergarten Graduation

On May 20th, was Hyrum's Kindergarten graduation. Hyrum's class, along with two other Kindergarten classes at the school performed some very cute songs that they learned in their music class during the school year.The program started with the students singing I Like to Eat Apples and Bananas. Next they sang Days of the Week and then went on a Bear Hunt.

The kids then sang the Months of the Year and did Macarena actions. The kids continued the Macarena actions into the Chicken Dance song that led into the Itsy Bitsy Spider and then Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.

To finish the program, the kids sang a cute song about counting to ten in Spanish. It had a fun Spanish flare and Hyrum told me it was his favorite song.Each of the students from the three classes was recognized and given around of applause.The program was really cute and the kids did a fantastic job. I won't lie, I was an emotional baby watching Hyrum during the program.

I loved how Hyrum was trying to be so serious, but you could tell that his smile was just itching to sneak on his face. I loved how I was able to pick out Hyrum's voice out of the crowd.For the most part, Hyrum has enjoyed Kindergarten. He was able to go to an ice cream party towards the end of the year because he was noticed for making good choices and helping others out. Hyrum has grown so much this year. He does such a great job in Math. He is a fantastic reader. Brandon and Hyrum have recently started to read a chapter book together which Hyrum has loved. Hyrum has learned far to many things of the world this year, however as parents, we have had many opportunities to teach him and reinforce what he already knows.

We couldn't have asked for a better teacher for Hyrum. Mrs. Crossett walks on water in Hyrum's eyes. She also has great things to say about Hyrum including what a good student and friend that he is to others. Earlier in the year, she called him her honest student if I remember correctly. She also commented on what good manners he has. It made me feel so good that at least some of my teaching to him had an impact.Hyrum with his friends Cortney and Calvin and Mrs. Crossett.I wanted to take a picture of Hyrum and Brandon together since they both graduated on the same day.
Hyrum thought that it was so cool to be checked out from school and taken to a special lunch at CiCi's pizza that was just for him.We are so lucky to have Hyrum in our family. He is such a sweet boy. I can't believe he is going to be in first grade next year. He has grown so fast. Quite often I have to do a double take because it is hard for me to believe that he is my little boy who loved to play with cars all day long. Hyrum is very thoughtful and considerate of others. He can be quite the helper around the house when he wants to be. Hyrum is a fantastic older brother. Ben and Emmy think Hyrum hung the moon. We ALL love our Handsome Hyrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment