Friday, June 3, 2011

Preschool Graduation

On May 16th, Ben and Emmy had their graduation from preschool.Ben was quite the ham during the program. Emmy was a little shy and hesitant, however she did participate softly and quietly. I knew she knew the songs since she sings them all the time at home; especially the Spanish ones.

They started the program off by singing their song Hello, Hello that they sing every morning when they come to school.They also recited 12 Articles of the 13 Articles of Faith (they didn't practice number 13).

The kids also sang their holiday songs, 5 Little Pumpkins, Turkey Dinner, Albaturkey, Away in a Manger. All the songs, were completed with hand actions.
During the program, the kids also sang ABC's and As I Have Loved You in Sign Language.The kids also sang the Days of the Week and Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, in English and Spanish.

The kids recited the months of the year, stated the vowels and counted to 100 during the program. The kids also demonstrated their pattern skills.Ben had to run and give me a hug in the middle of the program and asked me if he was doing a good job. I assured him that he was doing a fantastic job. He was too funny.

Ben and Emmy have loved every minute at school. I think going to school makes them feel like one of the big kids. They have loved their teacher and their friends at school. Ben and Emmy have each grown in so many ways. Both Ben and Emmy are great readers for their age and are smart in other areas. I am so grateful for my sweet Ben and my cute Emmy. I am so happy that I have one more year with them home with me before they go to Kindergarten. I am hoping this next year slows down.

No comments:

Post a Comment