Friday, August 12, 2011

Rainy Fourth of July

We spent the Fourth of July in Utah. To start the holiday off, my parents took the kids to pick out patriotic donuts to eat. Some how Emmy still came home with a pink and purple donut. Have I mentioned yet that I had my camera on the wrong setting the whole time we were in Utah. As the result, blurry pictures.The kids loved seeing the flags every where and insisted on having their pictures taken by the cool flags. The kids also thought the Fourth of July shirts my mom got them were AWESOME! Emmy loved the fancy Fourth of July hair that Millie did for her.In the evening, we had a great dinner with my parents, Sean and Tracy, and Tracy's sister's family. Emmy loved holding Tracy's sister's baby. Next, we played croquet. My kids love playing that game with my family. We had yummy homemade ice cream for dessert.My mom got the kids glow-in-the dark bracelets and necklaces that were awesome and the kids LOVED. The kids made a variety of fun creations with the glow-in-the-dark sticks.My kids were so excited for the fireworks this year and got their chairs lined up to watch the show. As we started to do fireworks, it started to rain. My kids(especially Hyrum) were so disappointed when we stopped the fireworks because it was too rainy to continue. We told him we could go on the deck and watch all the many ariel fireworks that were going off, but he was devestated that we weren't doing my parent's fireworks. We consuled him with the fact that we would do the fireworks on another night, which we did. Despite the rain, it was a fun Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment