Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ben and Emmy

I love seeing the bond that Ben and Emmy have.  It is sweet, tender, and sometimes frustrating to watch them interact together.  They can be each others' best friends and worst enemies.

For the most part, they play really well together; especially, if it is just the two of them.  I love to hear the funny things they say and their pretend play.  They always have a buddy to play with and I think they love it.


They seem to love going to school together. I enjoy hear them discuss things they learn or sing songs together. 

I love that they still snuggle together on the couch.

I love to see them hold hands as they walk into preschool or when we go pick up Hyrum.

In January, Emmy went to a birthday party by herself.  She was gone awhile. Ben came and told me that Emmy had been gone a long time and that he missed her.  It was so sweet and cute. Ben then wanted to come with me when we went to pick Emmy up from the party.

Another time, Emmy was invited to a friends house. When Emmy found out, the first thing she asked me if Ben would get to come too.  When Emmy found out that only she was invited, she didn't want to leave our house if she was going by herself.  We then decided to have the friend over to our house and everyone was happy.

Just the other night, I went in to take care of Lucy in the middle of night and I noticed that Emmy was missing from her bed. Usually, if she has a bad dream, she comes and jumps in with me; however, she did not.  I decided to check the boys room and found out that she jumped in the bed with Ben.  It was cute and made me smile.


Once again, I am so grateful for the chance that they have to have time just the two of them together before they go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment