Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lucy at Four Months

Since Little Lucy will be turning five months old soon, I thought I should post about when she was four months old.  The time has gone by too quickly.  I feel like every time I turn around another month has gone by.  The pictures of Lucy in her stripped jammies were taken on her actual 4 month birthday.




 One of my favorite things about Lucy is that she has the biggest smile.  When she smiles, her whole face lights up and her big blue eyes sparkle.  She even has a dimple up by her nose that you can see when she smiles really big.  She always has the biggest smile and kicks her legs when she is excited to see me or anyone in our family for that manner.


 Lucy loves it when I blow zooberts in her neck. I can feel her anticipate as I go in to nuzzle her fat little neck.  Then gives me a big grin or laughs grunts while I do it.  Lucy loves it when I pin her arms and tickle her sides with my chin.
Lucy has lost a lot of her hair.  She has a bald ring in the back and has what I call her rooster hair or comb-over patch of hair on top.  I also think her hair isn't as dark as when she was born and has taken on a reddish tint.  I have debated about trimming Lucy's hair, but Brandon has asked me not to so Lucy's amazing patch of hair remains.

It has been fun to get out past books that I read with the other kids and read them to Lucy.  Reading is a passion of mine and one that I hope my kids pick up as well.  Lucy seems to be enjoying the books somewhat, but only last for about two of them before she is ready for a new activity.

I love kissing Lucy's cheeks and her lips. I like to pretend that she is giving me kisses and not just trying to eat me.



Lucy hates tummy time, but I have decided that it is time for us to really focus on it since she is not rolling over at almost five months. However, tonight during "Lucy Time" she was very close.

Lucy received many cute little love notes from the kids this month.  It is wonderful to see that they are still so excited to have their sister.  Just the other day, they were all fighting over who's turn it was to feed her a bottle.  Emmy always comes to the rescue if she thinks Lucy is in trouble.  I find Emmy quite often talking and playing with her beloved baby sister.

Lucy loves to have someone help her stand on her legs and bounce up and down. Lucy gets the biggest smile when doing this and her rooster top flops in the breeze.
We have had beautiful weather out here in Memphis and as a result, Lucy has spent some time in her stroller going on walks and picking up Hyrum from school and enjoying the sunshine. I think she likes it.  She seems content to observe and take in everything around her.


Lucy still has her hands constantly in her mouth.

Lucy still enjoys sitting in her bumbo. She likes being able to see all the excitement which is going on around her.

Doesn't Lucy look adorable in this outfit, her Aunt Nancy gave it to her?


Lucy is in heaven when she is getting a bath.  She loves to splash and splash.  You can tell she is so excited to be in the water.  Her little rooster hair floats around her as she enjoys her soak. Lucy also seems to enjoy when I lotion and powder her up after her time in the tub.

Brandon took Lucy to the store the other day and was stopped many times by other people who commented on what a cute baby Lucy was with her rolls, her blue eyes and her hair.  He said he was bugged since the errand took so long, but secretly I think he loves it.  The same thing happens at church too.

Lucy is starting to find her voice and now makes cute little noises and jabbers.  She can even blow raspberries too.

On the 8th of February we went to Lucy's 4 month well baby check up. Lucy tipped the scales at 17 lbs and 26.5 inches long.  The doctor was really pleased with how Lucy was so fat thriving.  During the visit, another nurse had to come and see how cute our Lucy was.



Lucy has been giving me some long stretches of sleep at night here and there. When she is getting up in the night, I have mostly been putting her binkie back in. She has taken the longest out of all my kids by a long shot to sleep through the night. Don't get me wrong, she has given me long stretches her and there, but nothing consistent.

I love my sweet Lucy. One of my favorite things to do is to snuggle and hold her as she drifts off to sleep.  She is such a sweet baby that I am so grateful for.  We love our sweet Lucy!

No comments:

Post a Comment