Sunday, July 25, 2010

Kindergarten Check-Up

Hyrum had a big day at the doctor's office before we left on our trip to Utah. He had his five year old exam(the office told me to wait until he was close to going to school so we wouldn't have to do two exams).

Hyrum was so excited to go to the doctors because he knew this visit was a stepping stone to going to Kindergarten. However, when the nurse told him that he would get shots after his visit with the doctor he was not happy.
When the doctor came into see him, Hyrum was quite chatty. The doctor asked Hyrum to name four colors. Hyrum told the doctor that he likes all the colors, except girl colors. The doctor repeated the question for Hyrum to name four colors. Hyrum picked red, blue, yellow and green (I think).

The doctor asked Hyrum what his favorite food was. Hyrum's response was bacon(he does love bacon).

The doctor then asked Hyrum what his favorite fruit was. Hyrum's response was strawberries and bananas(I think).

To be honest, it has been so long that I can't remember all that Hyrum was asked or his answers. Not to mention, I had Ben and Emmy with me too so it was a crazy appointment.

After her conversation with Hyrum, the doctor said that Hyrum was more than ready for Kindergarten. At his appointment he weighed 48.2 lbs and measured 45 inches tall. If I remember correctly he was still documented being in the 90th-95th percentile. He has always been a solid boy.

Hyrum was very upset when he got the shots. As the last shot was going in he screamed, "It BURNS! Like fire and sharp knives."

Now that the shots are past, he is for the most part excited to go to Kindergarten. Below is our to-do list before he goes to Kindergarten. School starts here the first part of August. I am already getting a little emotional about sending him to school and the time is not even here yet. However, we are excited for him and this new adventure he is taking.

*Zoo-CHECK
*Sprinkler Park-CHECK
*Carousel
*Mud Island
*Movie with the Family-CHECK
*Go Miniature Golfing
*Read 20 Books

7 comments:

  1. Ahh, I cried when I registered Jenna for K, when she went her first day in Utah and her first day in KY. It is an emotional time. He is such a bright kid, we all know he will be awesome, but it is not that we worry about that...it's just that our babies are growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to continue getting this list checked off....so lets keep planning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shots are no fun but kindergarten is going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They grow up so fast!!! What a fun idea to have a checklist of things to do before school starts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's hard to believe our kids are starting kindergarten, eh? how exciting! hyrum is such a great kid. i hope everything goes well and good luck with your list! i love that idea and you reminded me i want to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what a cute pouty face! and brandon? Seriously above and beyond for your anniversary! i'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe he is going into kindergarten already! Time flies!

    I get my coupons from the Denver Post and online from sites like coupons.com, redplum.com, smartsource.com. I just check lots of different coupon blogs to see the good deals that match with the coupons-my personal favorite is thekrazycouponlady.com

    Good luck to Hyrum. I've got Isaac going in this year too!

    ReplyDelete