Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Love to See the Temple

The kids were so excited to hear that they were going to the temple. It was wonderful to see their excitement as they told their daddy that they were going; especially, Emmy.

Myself, and the other members of the Primary Presidency, planned a temple outing for our quarterly activity(September 11th).When the kids first arrived, we watched a short clip about temples(found on the FHE movie the church has).

Next, we had a member of the temple presidency, who is in our ward, come and talk to the primary children for about fifteen minutes about the temple and its importance. Originally we planned to have this talk out on the temple grounds, but it was raining on the day of the activity and so Brother M. came and talked to the children in the church(which is next to the temple).

The children then went on a short tour of the temple grounds (the Memphis, TN temple is one of the smaller temples). Brother M. was our tour guide and provided information about the temple and answered questions the children had about the special and sacred building.

We then took pictures of the kids at the temple.
Ben and Emmy with their teachers. Have I mentioned that Ben has LICKED the teacher in the black a few times at church? He thinks it is funny. Hyrum and some of his Primary class.To finish our activity, we had the kids go back to the church and do a craft. The children were given marshmallows and toothpicks to use to construct a temple. It was interesting to see what the kids would come up with. In the picture below, Ben is bugged because I am taking his picture instead of helping him with his temple.The primary children were given a couple cookies, water and a very beautiful temple picture that Brother M. gave to each of them.

It was such a fun activity and there was a special spirit that day. I am grateful for the calling that I have. I have already learned many things from this experience in serving the children (and their parents) of my ward.

After the activity, I took Ben, Emmy, and Hyrum over to take pictures at the temple.This picture is ,"Mom, I am trying to smile for your picture, but I really need to use the restroom."
Each child wanted to take picture, with the camera, by themselves.
Hyrum's
Ben's
Emmy's


In this picture, Hyrum was pointing to the butterfly that was flying close by. After this picture was taken, he stuck his finger out and said that he wanted the butterfly to land on his finger like Jesus.

Can you tell by the pictures that it was so muggy and humid that day?This picture summarizes Ben to a T. How I love my Ben Boo even though he drives me crazy sometimes.My sweet, handsome Hyrum! He has always had such a sweet and tender spirit about him.Emmy, is all diva! I think she and I have the same love (or lack thereof) for the Memphis heat! I love her smile and her giving spirit.Hyrum loved every minute of taking pictures at the temple. He wanted to take many more pictures, but Emmy was done.

Brandon and I are so lucky to have a temple so close to were we live. I remember the first time I did a session in the Memphis temple, there was such a wonderful, unique spirit there. Our lives are blessed by the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment