Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Family Picnic and Field Day

Earlier in the month of May was the family picnic and field day at Hyrum's school for Kindergarteners. The kids and I packed a lunch and met Hyrum at school for lunch. It is always such a treat for myself and the kids to go and have lunch at school with Hyrum. Ben and Emmy always think it is so cool to go and have lunch with the big kids.
After lunch, I went and dropped Ben and Emmy off at a friends house so I could help at Hyrum's field day. The P.E. teachers had planned so many fun games and relays for the kids to do. Hyrum loved every minute. Some of the games included pinning clothes up on the clothes line, throwing frogs into a swimming pool, carrying a glass of water without spilling, sponge relay and scooter racing among other games. Hyrum was quite pleased that I checked him out at the end of field day (there was only a little bit of school left and the teachers encouraged the parents to check their child out).It was such a fun day and I was grateful for the time that I could spend at Hyrum's school helping and time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment