Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Two Five Year Olds!

Back in the middle of October, my cute Emmy and sweet Ben turned five years old. I can't believe it has already been five years since they were born. They were so excited to have their birthday and looked forward to it for many days.
They woke up to the traditional Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes for breakfast. At preschool that day, their teacher had a cute sign out for them that said Happy Birthday. Right before their school got out, I took cupcakes and capri suns to give to their friends in their class to celebrate their special day. Also, Ben and Emmy each chose a book for me to read to their class while they were enjoying their treat. I wasn't at all surprise with the books they picked. They each picked a Halloween book to share.

After Ben and Emmy's preschool was over, we went to Chick-Fila for lunch. Ben and Emmy's birthday again this year fell on Fall Break so Hyrum was able to go with us. Later that night, we looked at and read Ben and Emmy's baby books before the kids went to bed.

We saved the presents and cake and ice cream for the next day so Brandon and Lorri could celebrate with us. The kids received many fun things for their birthday.
It is such a joy to watch Ben and Emmy interact with each other. For the most part, they love each other and really enjoy each others company. They always have a buddy to play with and do a great job with imaginative play. It is fun to hear them as they play and giggle and laugh with each other.

I love that sometimes when they walk together they hold hands.I love how they are each others best defender. They bug each other all they want, but no one else better mess with them.

I love how Ben volunteered to scratch Emmy's back the other night for her (Emmy loves a good back scratch).

I love how Ben drew Emmy a hippo in her notebook because he know she loves hippos.I love how they snuggled up a couple of weeks ago to listen to our fun Halloween CD together. I am so lucky to be their mom! I am so grateful that they love each other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment