Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011

I love Christmas Eve. There is always so much excitement and anticipation in the air. This past Christmas Eve was no different. For Christmas Eve my mom made a delicious dinner and wonderful dessert for all of us to enjoy. Grandma N. and Nate, my mom's brother, were there to celebrate with us. After dinner, the kids opened up their traditional Christmas Eve presents of pajamas. Emmy was so in love with her Hello Kitty night gown and slippers. She looked so cute. The boys received BYU pajama pants that my mom made for them. As you can tell by the pictures they thought that the pants were AWESOME! Lucy wore her Santa Loves Me Sleeper that she received earlier in the month. After everyone was in their pajamas, my dad starting reading the story of the birth of Jesus Christ from the scriptures. Everyone had a part to play. Lucy was baby Jesus, Hyrum a donkey, Emmy was Mary, Ben was Joseph, Tracy was an Angel, Sean and Camille was a shepherds and I think my mom, Nate and Grandma were the wisemen. I must say that I love hearing my dad read the story of Jesus. Ben and Emmy sang their Silent Night in Sign Language to finish the spiritual side of the night.
To end the night, the kids finished decorating their cookies for Santa. The kids were so cute as they went to bed that night. Excitement was in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment