Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lucy's Blessing

Lucy Louise was blessed on Christmas Day, by her father. I will never forget the sweet spirit that surrounded this special event in her life. As I was dressing her in her white dress I was so overcome with this spirit that this adorable blue eyed baby was the answer to the prayers and tears that I offered up to our Father in Heaven. While I was dressing Lucy, she was so happy. She cooed and talked and gave me the biggest smiles while I was getting her dressed. It was almost as if she knew it was a special day.
It was so touching for me to see all the men from our families who were there that came up to help give Lucy a name and a blessing. It was such an overwhelming sight.Lucy received such a beautiful blessing given by Brandon. Among other things, the blessing encouraged her to listen and learn how to follow the promptings of the spirit. Brandon also mentioned in the blessing about how much she is loved; especially by her mother. Lucy was also instructed to turn to the men in the circle for guidance during her life.Brandon's sister Lorri and her family came down from Kaysville for the blessing. We were so happy to have them there.After a quick stop at my parents house to change, we went to Lana's house to continue on our Christmas celebration. Thank you to everyone who made the effort to attend and support our family.
3 Generations 4 Generations

We missed having Brandon's parents with us for the blessing.

It was an amazing day!

1 comment: