Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bikes and Bubbles

The weather where we live has been absolutely beautiful.  Spring is definitely in the air!  After running some errands this morning, Lucy Lu and I spent some time outside.  

Lucy was pretty proud of herself when she was walking outside.  After awhile, Lucy found the bikes and indicated that she wanted to ride the scooter.  She was so cute riding on it and would say wee in her cute little voice while I would push her around our patio.  I loved it!  

Next, we pulled out the bubbles. Lucy was fascinated. It was her first time really seeing bubbles. We would say pop every time a bubble would pop.  She loved it!

After we played with the bubbles for awhile. Lucy decided to do some more exploring and found Emmy's old trike and insisted on being pushed around.  Once again, her cute little voice filled the air while saying wee.  I loved admiring her sweet little fingers compared to my bigger ones. 
 
Soon, the scooter soon found her attention again and then the bubbles. This time she insisted on holding the wand herself and blowing (she is just a little bit independent).    A couple of times her mouth would taste the bubbles and she would scrunch up her face and laugh and blow some more.  She actually was able to blow a few bubbles by herself.


I was savoring every aspect of Lucy today. Her round, yet thinning cheeks. Her sweet little chubby hands with chipped fingernail polish that were painted the night before.  Her blue gray eyes that sparkles when she laughs  Her crazy hair (even though I already did her hair twice this morning, but she kept taking it out).  Her curiosity and wonder about the world around her.  Her sweet and tender spirit which makes being her mother oh so sweet. 

I was so grateful for the time that I was able to spend with my dear Lucy. I was overcome by the strong feeling that I was doing what I was supposed to be doing at that time which was savoring the precious moments with my Lu and exploring the world with her.  I think as mothers we need that confirmation now and again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment