Thursday, April 18, 2013

Primary Easter Party

I don't think I have mentioned on this blog that I am back serving in the Primary. In fact, I have the exact same calling I had in Memphis for two and a half years.  I guess I didn't learn what I was supposed to the first time around.

  Needless to say, I worked with the other cute ladies in  my presidency to put together an activity similar to the one that we had in Memphis each year

To start the activity out, while we were waiting for everyone to arrive,  my kids and I taught the other kids how to play  What Time is it Mr. Fox?  It was a hit! 

Next, everyone had some hot dogs to eat since the activity was right after school.  After everyone ate, the kids were sent out to hunt eggs. I think each child was allowed to find 14 or so.  We over planned, but it is better to have too many eggs than not enough. 

 Emmy and her friend Brooklyn
Lucy was so funny. She was content and happy to find one egg and hold the candy that was in there. It was too cute. Luckily Ben helped her find the rest of her eggs.  

I didn't get a single picture of Hyrum at the hunt. He was too quick for me and with the older kids...bummer. 

After the kids found their eggs they went to the first room that had a video which started off their rotation of classes to go where they learned about the Savior. 

The next room the kids went to was Mary and Joseph.  Mary and Joseph talked about what it was was like before and after his birth.

Mary Magdalene was the next speaker that the kids heard from.  She talked about what it was like to find the tomb empty.

Next,  the kids were able to learn from a solider what it was like when the Savior was crucified.  Hyrum and Ben just sat there very enthralled!


The final room was where the kids learned about the resurrection of the Savior.

The spirit was definitely there as we talked about the life, death and resurrection of the Savior. 

At the end, the kids were able to play some games that the older children planned until their parents showed up.  Overall, it was a great activity and ran pretty smooth.

1 comment:

  1. How funny that you're back in the Primary Presidency! They're probably not as cool as us though. That's why they needed you, to bring the Memphis love :)

    ReplyDelete