Thursday, February 6, 2014

Why Would You Ask Santa for a Dog?


I have mentioned before how much I love living in a small town. I love the fact that the newspaper publishes the Christmas lists of the students at the elementary school.  In December, the kids were asked at school to write a letter for Santa that would be published in the paper.  I asked each of my kids what they requested. As I asked Ben what he asked for, he became really hesitant and almost shy which isn't like him.  Finally, he told me,"Mom, I asked for a real dog."  All of the sudden Emmy yells across the room, " You asked for what?! I do not like dogs!"  Ben's response was, "I asked for a really nice one." Emmy go even more hysterical and exclaimed,"Why would you ask Santa for a dog?!"  Ben replied, "We could keep the dog chained up in the backyard in a fence."  Emmy once again, basically on the verge of tears, " I do not like dogs!"  I helped the situation by telling Ben that we couldn't have a dog since we live in a rental.  He was okay with that... It was probably one of the funniest conversations I have heard between the two of them in a long time.  


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is so cute!! I'm excited for our kids to be able to have conversations one day :)

    ReplyDelete