Thursday, September 15, 2011

Creative Play

Don't get me wrong, I miss Hyrum when he is at school. However, there are wonderful benefits to having some time without him. Going shopping at the store is heavenly with only two kids instead of three.Another benefit, is the fact that Ben and Emmy seem to draw closer together and develop a stronger relationship.

Just the other day, we pulled out our Halloween stuff (early I know, but I wanted to get it up before baby #4 decides to maker her debut), and Ben and Emmy played together for an hour with it. Ben and Emmy have such fun doing creative play with each other.

At the end of August, I was cleaning my floors and put the chairs in the living room. The kids decided to get their stuffed animals, blankets, etc. and anything else they found to play with and put it under the chairs.They loved it when I put a large blanket over the chairs so that they could play in it together. They played with the chairs, blanket and toys for a long time.I love hearing their conversations with each other as they interact. I am grateful for the time that they have with just the two of them to help strengthen their relationship.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute. I love that you document this stuff! They will be grateful for it as they get older :)

    ReplyDelete