Saturday, September 24, 2011

Recently...

We have been loving our new place! One of the best things about it, is the fact that the house is at the end of the cove. The kids LOVE riding their bikes! The kids are only allowed outside in the front yard if one of us is outside with them.

Hyrum has turned into quite the riding pro. He is constantly trying to do new tricks on his bike. The new tricks have had a learning curve and Hyrum has taken some good falls off of his bike, however, he has handled them like a champ.

Ben tries his best to duplicate Hyrum's deemed AWESOME tricks, but he is a little bit more cautious in his approach. Emmy will be outside riding her bike for a little bit, but for the most part she loves drawing with sidewalk chalk and playing in the dirt with a shovel. Earlier in the month of September, Hyrum had no school on a Friday. We took this opportunity to go and have lunch with Brandon at his work. The kids LOVE it when we go and have lunch with Brandon and I was pleased that it all worked out. I think Brandon was excited to have us come too. Doesn't he look handsome in his white coat? The kids had quite the eye opening experience going to the VA Hospital. They were very curious about what they saw around them.
One of our highlights of the day is walking and picking Hyrum up from school. The kids love to drop him off and they love to pick him up. I love that Hyrum gives all of us a hug good bye and tells me that he loves me. I love the fact that he runs to me when I am there to pick him up from school to give me a big hug.

Quite often, Ben wears his backpack to take Hyrum to school (even if he is not going to preschool that day). Today Hyrum and Emmy held hands as we walked/skipped Hyrum to school. It was so cute. I loved that Ben and Emmy held my hands as we walked home. I loved the conversation that I had with Ben and Emmy. They were asking various questions about things. I had them spell some words to me which they knew (we were practicing Hyrum's spelling words on the way to school). I think they felt big. It was one of those moment of joy in motherhood that I couldn't help but smile and be grateful for the chance I have to be a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment