Friday, September 21, 2012

Blueberry Picking

Back on June 8th, the kids and I went blueberry picking with our friends, the Andersens, in Nesbit, Mississippi.  We started our adventure early in the morning since we knew that soon it would be hot and humid. Good thing we did since by the time we finished picking we were very hot!  Each of the kids loved having their own bucket to put their blueberries in. 





The kids had a wonderful time picking the blueberries and took their job very seriously! 


Lucy loved eating the fruits of everyones labor.




 One thing that was great about this place was that they encouraged you to eat while you pick.  It was great not to worry about the kids eating some before we paid.    I have never tasted fresh blueberries before and they were amazing. I didn't think I liked blueberries that much, but this experience changed my mind.  I have decided I like the berries fresh off the plant! 

When we were getting ready to go home, I stripped Lucy of her blueberry stained clothes so I could wash them when we got home.  Lucy thought she was pretty fancy standing naked in the front seat of the car!
  It was a fun day with the kids and with our friends!   

No comments:

Post a Comment