Friday, September 7, 2012

First Day of School 2012

Around the 24th of August we went to the school and checked the lists out to find out what classes the kids would be in.  We were relieved when we found out that the twins were in the same Kindergarten class and Hyrum had a few friends from church in his class. 

On August 27th was the kids' first day of school.  Excitement and a little anxiety was in the air. The night before school, Hyrum kind of had a nervous break down as he remembered one of the few times that he has ever gotten in trouble at school (when he was in Kindergarten) and was inconsolable.  I think he was worried about a new teacher, new friends, new rules and to be honest so was I.   This is school number three for him, due to various moves that our family has experience in the past couple of years.  After much love and reasurrance from Brandon and I, he finally calmed down and went to sleep.

The kids woke up the next morning to blueberry pancakes which is our families tradition for big and exciting days. 

We were lucky enough to have Brandon and Lucy come with me to drop the kids off at school.  The kids were so excited to take their school supplies, that they went shopping for with Grandma, for school. Also, Ben has been begging me to be able to use his lunch box since the day he got it.  He loves it and is so proud of his lunch box. In fact, he insisted on having his picture taken with it a couple of times.

The pictures we took in the morning were outside of the school.    I thought they looked adorable!





Of course, like any fancy day, we had to do Emmy's hair in curls. Also, she insisted on two bows like last year so she could be fancy.  Love that girl! 



I thought that Emmy would be a little bit more nervous, but she wasn't.   I am sure it helped having Ben close by.





I can't believe that my Handsome Hyrum is in second grade! It seems like just yesterday I was dropping him off at his first day of Kindergarten!





I thought the kids looked so cute that first day of school.  I was proud to claim them as my own.
It was fun to go and pick them up after school!  I missed them. I made snickerdoodles for them and even picked up a tasty drink from the store for them to celebrate the first day of school.

 Emmy wanted another picture taken of her with her backpack.





It will be interesting to see how this year will go. So far, the first week and a half have been great and the kids seem really happy there.  I think Hyrum is still getting used to things , but overall, I think things are going well. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I remember second grade. I made some of my best friends for life in second grade :)

    ReplyDelete