Monday, May 10, 2010

Grandma and Papa Vist

My parents came to visit from April 2nd to April 9th. We were so excited to have them come and visit. The kids were thrilled when we were at the airport and they saw my parents walking towards them. It was so cute.

Of course, the kids read books with my parents.
The kids loved having snuggle time too.
My parents were here over General Conference weekend. I was thrilled when I found that out. Growing-up, my family had this tradition where my dad makes this wonderful delicious breakfast complete with bacon, omelets, muffins, and orange juice before the Sunday morning of session of General Conference. My dad did not disappoint. He made a such a yummy breakfast.
Of course, one of the mornings while my parents visited a donut run was required.
One of the days my parents were here, my mom, had an appointment to have her eyes examined by Brandon. While my mom was having her exam, the kids, my dad and I went to see the Peabody Ducks.

We decided to leave the van at the school and ride the trolley to the hotel. The kids were in heaven to be on the trolley.
When we arrived at the hotel to see the ducks, one of the hotel workers had the kids, my dad and I go and sit on the front row in front of the barriers. We were literally an arm stretch away from the ducks. The kids were fascinated as the ducks did their little march from the elevator to the fountain and loved watching the ducks playing in the water.

After we watched the ducks, we rode the trolley back to Brandon's school to pick up my mom. Once again, the kids loved riding the trolley.

Signaling the trolley to stop.
We were very fortunate to have my parents come and visit. We love it when they come. It really means a lot to me that they take time out of their busy schedules to come and visit us. To me it shows myself as well as my children that we are important to them. It is always hard to see them leave. Thanks again mom and dad for coming and playing with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment