Friday, May 28, 2010

Minute to Win It

On April 21st, my cute friends here in Memphis threw me an awesome party. We played games from the show Minute to Win It.The first game we played was the Paper Dragon.
Lisa and Emily
Instructions from website:
Contestants must unspool two rolls of party streamers using only their hands and arms.To complete the game, contestant must unspool both ribbons completely within the 60-second time limit.

However, with this game we competed against each other and had two people doing the paper dragon at the same time. It was a total arm work out.

The next game was Stack Attack
Whitney
Melanie
Instructions from website:
Contestant uses 36 plastic cups to erect a triangle-shaped structure. Once completed, contestant must remove hands from the structure completely and then proceed to stack all cups into a single stack.

We kept practicing and got faster each time. There definitely is a strategy in how the cups are placed and taken down.

The next game was Breakfast Scramble

Instructions from website:
Contestant must assemble one 20-piece puzzle. Cereal box covers will be cut into 20 even pieces. The pieces will be in a single stack, and the contestant will have 60 seconds to assemble both box puzzles correctly to complete the game.

I LOVED this game! I have always really enjoyed putting puzzles together and actually did pretty well at this game. Whitney and I faced off in the game.Jodi and Rachelle
Lisa and TamiStephanie and Emily

The next game we played was Face the Cookie.

Instructions from website:
Contestants, using only their faces, must move three Oreo cookies individually from their forehead to their mouth.

We only did one cookie when we played. This game was tough. There were however a couple of people that night who succeed in moving the cookie from their forehead to their mouth using only their face muscles.

We played the game Bite Me
Instructions from website:
Five paper bags are opened up on the ground 4' apart. The bags are each cut down to different heights: 10", 8", 6", 4", 2". Contestants, using only their mouths, must put all five bags onto five podiums. No part of the contestant's body may touch the ground except for the feet.

I was awful at this game. I didn't get very far at all. I am not very flexible. Some pregnant ladies played and they were amazing. Below are the people who faced off in the Bite Me challenge.

The last game we played was Defying Gravity

Instructions from website:Contestants have to concurrently keep three balloons in the air.

This one was a lot harder than it looked. I totally thought to myself I can do that, it isn't that hard, but I was mistaken.To end the night we had cake and ice cream. Tami made a cool pink zebra print cake for me.
It was a wonderful night!! Had a great time making fools of ourselves and having lots of laughs. Thanks again ladies; especially Whitney and Tami for all the hard work you put into planning a birthday party for me!! I am lucky to have such great friends out here in Memphis!

3 comments:

  1. Now THAT looks like an awesome party. I may just have to throw a Minute to Win It bash now! You've got some stellar friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, I don't think you have ever looked more gorgeous! I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The party was really fun! The games were a blast! I'm glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete