Friday, May 21, 2010

Strawberry Picking

On April 16th, the kids and I went strawberry picking with some friends. The kids remembered how much fun they had picking last year and were thrilled to go again.

Before we started picking, we talked about what a strawberry need to look like (red) for it to be picked.
Ready to go picking

The kids were so cute about their special job to pick strawberries.
The kids were pretty excited to watch the strawberries be weighed.
Enjoying the fruits of their labor.

We ended up with a lot of strawberries. I made freezer jam for the first time. Even though I messed up on the recipe, the jam still tasted yummy.

I am planning on taking them strawberry picking again this year. Every time they see the sign, they ask if they can go. They love going strawberry picking!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I wish we had something like that close to where we live.

    And freezer jam is the BEST. I, personally, think that MCP pectin makes the best tasting jam. I'm so excited to make more this summer.

    ReplyDelete