Friday, May 14, 2010

A Quarter of a Century-plus one!

This year I turned 26. I feel like I am getting old. I have been noticing my hands lately; my veins are starting to show through my skin. I have a scowl wrinkle (isn't that attractive) on my forehead. I am now closer to 30 than I am to 20.

Since my parents wouldn't be here for my birthday, we celebrated my birth early with them.

We had a fun time out on the paddle boats on the afternoon/evening we celebrated my birthday. Hyrum did an excellent job helping peddle. The kids all loved looking for ducks as we peddled around the pond. After awhile, Ben decided that he would rather get out and ride his bike with grandma. Everyone had a fun time on the pond.Then we came home and the kids showered me with presents (that were really from my parents--Thanks again!).I got some cute new tops, a skirt, capris and some new books. The kids were thrilled to be giving me their presents. Emmy handed me one and said, " Happy Birthday, it's a shirt!"
The picture below is of Ben telling me something important about the book he gave me.I think the best part of opening my presents was seeing the kids be so excited for me. It was really cute.Hyrum was pretty proud of the fact that he helped picked out my birthday cake. He knew that purple is my favorite color.Below is a video clip of the kids singing me Happy Birthday. Be sure to notice the Cha Cha Cha!


On my "real" birthday, the kids were so excited for me that it was my birthday. Hyrum, Ben and Emily made fun cards for me. They were pretty cute! Each card said why they love me. They each had to read their cards to me.

Emmy's card said, "I love mom because she plays tag with me and she makes my hair pretty." However she read her card saying she likes mom because I make her laugh.

Ben's card said, "I love mom because she plays games with me and tickles me. She plays McQueen matching game."

Hyrum's card said, "I love mom because she makes me laugh. I am grateful for Brandon taking the time with the kids to help them make the cards for me.

Thanks again to Brandon and my parents for a great birthday week!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! It's so nice to have a day of pampering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You're beautiful and have such a great family. Glad you had a great day, and hope it's an even better year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! You deserve it! I love that your kids were so excited to help you celebrate! Kids really do make everything more fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, my dear! I am so glad that your parents were there to celebrate with you guys! I wish we lived closer SO SO SO SOOOOO much!
    ps -- you look AMAZING!!! So STUNNINGLY gorgeous. You are a serious looker! (as you always have been!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, where did the "cha cha cha" come from...my kids & my nieces who live in AZ do it too...must be new for this generation? ha! ha! Anyway, I'm glad you had a good b-day...sorry I couldn't be at your party at Whits! I heard it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete