Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. I have been officially spoiled today. Brandon got up with the kids this morning so I could sleep in. Brandon made me a delicious breakfast. We ate omelets and blueberry muffins. The table was decorated in a wonderful lily and rose bouquet he gave me the day before (Emmy also had a rose in a case for her).

I loved listening to my sweet children sing at Church. Okay, so maybe they didn't sing all the words, but they tried their best and looked so cute on the stand.

During church today, the men took over the last hour allowing all the women to go to Relief Society. It was really nice to have a break. Also, our bishopric gave the women a nice box of chocolates.

For dinner tonight, Brandon cooked steak, a fancy red potatoes dish, green salad, shrimp, vegetable kabobs and pineapple. It was very tasty. To drink, we had sparkling cider.

I loved the hugs and kisses I got from my kids today. I received a very cute flower from Hyrum that he made for me at preschool. Also, Brandon gave me a cute bracelet he bought while we were in Galveston.

I am very grateful for the wonderful women that I have had in my life.

The first one is my Mother-in-law Ethel. I am grateful to her for raising such a wonderful son. He couldn't be the man he is today without her influence.April 2007

The second one is my Grandma B. I am grateful that she always encourages me, in a positive way, to do my best and not give-up. Even today as I called and talked to her she told me that I am doing a good job as a mom and to keep up the good work.September 2009

The third lady I am grateful for is my Grandma N. I am grateful for the love that she always has shown me. I have never doubted for a minute that I am loved by her. She has an ability to make a person feel that they are the most special person who ever lived. The fourth one is my Grandma-Great, my Grandma B.'s mother. I am grateful that she always encouraged me to do well in school. One of the last conversations I remember having with her was about school and how I need to always try my best. I also am grateful for the strong testimony of the gospel she had. I remember her sharing her testimony with her family both vocally and by her example.

The last one is my mom. I am very grateful to have her in my life. Words cannot express how grateful I am to her for everything that she does on my behalf. I am blessed to have a mother with such a sweet spirit of love and compassion.

Elder Ballard said, " recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."

I am very grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a mother to three very special children of God. Growing up, one of the things that I wanted to be the most was a mother. I looked forward to that day.

My children give me much frustration some days and other days great joy. I am trying harder to enjoy the moments of joy and satisfaction a little more. As well as, trying a little harder to be a better mother.
Happy Mother's Day to all the women out there.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a wonderful mother's day! You deserve it! I also love the picture of you with your sweet kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you lucky girl! I am so impressed with that fancy dinner. The guys in our family are in charge of dinner on Mother's day and they always do WAY better than I think they are going to. oh me of little faith! It is fun to be spoiled sometimes huh?!

    ReplyDelete