Sunday, August 1, 2010

Father's Day 2010

The first Sunday we were in Utah, was Father's Day. The kids were so excited to celebrate Father's Day with Papa Van. Emmy and Hyrum were excited to give my dad pictures they drew. Ben found a green diving ring around the house to give to him. It was so cute.We also gave my dad some Memphis BBQ sauce.The kids love their Papa Van! Below are pictures of a reason why. He plays with them. The kids love it when he wrestles with them. Lots of laughter was happening when I was taking the pictures below.We spent Sunday evening at my Grandma and Grandpa B's house. Our cousins, who live in Salt Lake, brought down their snow cone maker and it was a hit! Don't worry, Brandon was not neglected on Father's Day. We left a hidden present in the house for him to find. It was a gift certificate to hit a couple of buckets of balls.

Brandon is such a good daddy. The kids love him so much. They love it when he comes home from being gone all day.The kids also love their Grandpa T and had lots of fun with him during our visit back in May to Texas. Brandon thinks his dad has the greatest advice for things and that he could got to him if he ever needs help.My Grandpa B. is such a great man. The day before we left, to come home to Memphis, he came over to my parents house and we got to talk for awhile. It was wonderful to talk with him one-on-one. He is such a great man who had a lot of heartache in his early years and rose above it(Picture taken Sept. 2009).This was my first Father's Day without my Grandpa N. I miss him. He would always ask me about the dance shows on T.V. He had a great sense of humor and smile. He treated my grandma like a queen and was head over heels in love with her to the end(Picture taken April 1, 2007). My family and I have been blessed to have many amazing fathers and grandfathers in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment