Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hyrum Lost His First Tooth

Hyrum had a loose tooth for awhile. On February 1st, Hyrum bit something and the tooth became very loose. I convinced him that he should twist the tooth and pull and out the tooth came. Everyone was so excited for him! It was so much fun for me to see the joy and happiness Ben and Emmy had for Hyrum as he pulled his first tooth out. For me, it was also exciting, but makes me a little sad because it means that he is one step closer to growing up.
It was so funny to hear Hyrum talk to me about losing his tooth. He told me that it hurt a little bit and that he wanted to cry, but he decided that he would be brave and didn't cry. He thought he was pretty cool when he was calling people to talk about his tooth. My dad tried to tell him that the Tooth Fairy would bring $20.00 for a tooth. I quickly stopped that idea forming in his head.

Hyrum was a little worried about what his friends at school would think of his tooth being gone, but I told him that everything would be fine.

That night, he put his tooth in a bag and put it under his pillow. Lo, and behold, the Tooth Fairy came and left a whole dollar bill or in other words 100 cents. Hyrum felt like he hit the jackpot! Hyrum said that the Tooth Fairy was really sneaky so he didn't see her. Ben told me that the Tooth Fairy went poof and was gone.

Hyrum losing his first tooth was a big and exciting event at our house.

1 comment:

  1. You guys have been up to a lot of really fun stuff! I LOVE Hyrum's freckles. They are SO cute! Grandpa must have a pretty RICH tooth fairy come to his house. If I remember right, she would bring me like a quarter or something, and I would be extatic! $20...that's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete