Monday, February 7, 2011

Rocket Robot

Hyrum's school had an Outer Space Week during the last part of January. During the week, the school had various competitions and activities.

Hyrum also learned about Outer Space from his teacher. Hyrum told me that he and his classmates decided that there are aliens in Outer Space. I asked him if his teacher supported this theory, he said "No, but we don't believe her." The look on his face when he told me this was priceless. He was so animated I couldn't help but chuckle to myself.

On one of the days during the week, the kids were supposed to bring a robot made of recyclable materials. Being the amazing mom that I am, I was confused on my dates and didn't realize exactly what day the robot was due. Hence, we woke the morning of at 6:30 to bust out the robot. Brandon helped Hyrum with the frame work before he rushed off to work and I helped Hyrum with the details. Hyrum cut out and decorated all the shapes for his robot body as well as the flames on the bottom. I know we could have not made the robot, but Hyrum was so excited to make the robot. Hyrum loved pretending to fly his robot. He seemed pretty proud of his creation. I thought it turned out pretty cute. Tomorrow night we are going to his school for Science Night to see all the robots on display as well as other science items.

No comments:

Post a Comment