Friday, May 4, 2012

Conference Weekend

We love Conference weekend around our house. I think one of the best things about conference is that we get to have Brandon to ourselves on Sunday.  Of course on Sunday, we invited some friends from our ward over and had our traditional conference breakfast of crepes, cinnamon rolls, bacon, fruit, etc. It was delicious!

For this conference, I scoured the internet looking for activities for the kids to do to keep them entertained and busy.  I found the idea online to cut out pictures of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and First Presidency and attach the pictures to various activities and treats for the kids to do when that speaker spoke. The kids LOVED this! They loved hunting for the next activity.  We will definitely be doing this activity again in October.
  Another fun activity I had for the kids rewarded them for being good listeners.  I had various bowls filled with different treats. Every time the kids heard the word that was assigned to that treat, the kids were able to put a piece of that candy in their cup.  The kids also loved this and helped them stay quiet and somewhat listen during conference.

I am so grateful for the chance that we had to listen to a living prophet and apostles. I am so excited for the Conference Ensign I just received. I am eager to read those fantastic talks that I "heard" during Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment