Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lucy at 6 Months

My Lucy recently turned seven months old, so I thought I would post about her time when she was six months old.

Lucy had her six month appointment on April 24th.  She came in weighing: 19lbs 9oz, 27.5 inches with a head circumference of 44.5.  The doctor seemed really pleased with the progress Lucy is making.

Shortly after Lucy turned six months old, my parents came to visit.  Lucy got lots of loving, hugs, and some baths while they were here.

 Also, my dad really worked with Lucy on rolling over. He got Lucy to roll over a couple of times while he was here.
 Lucy celebrated her first Easter a couple of days after she turned six months old.

 Lucy also got her first hair cut on April 10th. She still has a little rooster tail, but it isn't as pronounced as it used to be.  Our friend Whitney cut her hair.

Lucy also had her first vegetable (squash) and fruit (banana) during the month of April.  She really enjoyed herself.

 Lucy also flew out with Brandon and I to various interviews for jobs. She did excellent on the trip.

Lucy found her toes.  It is so cute to see her pudgy fingers hold onto her fat little feet. She loves it when I bring her feet up to her face and tickle her.

Lucy loves a good zoobert in her neck.  I can usually get at least a little smile if not a giggle from her as I shower her with kisses and tickles on her adorable chunky body.
 Lucy also babbles and blows raspberries with her tounge.


Lucy really enjoys it when I dance with her.

Before Lucy goes to sleep, I sing to her I am a Child of God.  The song seems to calm her down.  I love singing to her.

Lucy has started to sit-up really well by herself for a few seconds.
Lucy loves to bounce in her exersaucer.  She thinks she is pretty fancy.
Lucy LOVES to eat. It is so cute and funny to hear the noises she makes as she watches me getting ready to feed her.  She really has enjoyed eating solid food. Lucy especially likes to eat if it is something tasty like ice cream.
Lucy will break down in tears if her food ends to soon or if she thinks you are taking her food away from her.  The big kids also love it when they are able to feed Lucy some food.

Lucy still sits in the middle of the table while we eat dinner as a family.
Lucy for the most part is pretty easy going in all our family adventures to parties, tball games, the zoo etc.  I think she really likes watching all the action around her.
 Lucy also seems to enjoy it when she and I go on walks around the neighborhood.

Lucy is really starting to grab things. Nothing is safe if it is too close for her grasp.  Also, anything she grabs goes straight into her mouth.
 Lucy isn't very snuggly, which is why my favorite times are when I nurse her and she falls asleep and then I get a chance to snuggle her and hold her close. 

It is always an adventure trying to read books to Lucy.  She is usually trying to put the books in her mouth while I am trying to read to her. Silly Lucy.
 The kids all love Lucy. Emmy is always asking me if she can hold Lucy. All the kids give Lucy hugs and kisses before they go to bed.

 Lucy still hates tummy time and doesn't last very long playing on her stomach. 
 Lucy wears some 6-9 month clothes, but for the most part she could wear 12 months.
 Lucy  wears size three diapers.
 The really fancy pictures in this post were taken on April 10th. Shortly after Lucy turned 6 months old.  

I love how Lucy gets so excited when she sees me. I love how she kicks her legs, full of excitement, when I come to get her in the morning. 
 I love the "open mouth kisses" she gives me.

I love how when she smiles, her eyes twinkle too.  She has the cutest smile.  Lucy has the prettiest blue eyes.
 
Oh how I love my sweet Lucy. Having her was an answer to my prayers.  I am so lucky to be her mom and that I get to give her kisses and loves each day.     Lucy is full of personality and a great addition to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment