Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grandma and Papa's Visit

My parents came to visit us the first week in April. We LOVED every minute of having them here. The kids are always thrilled to have their Grandma and Papa visit. I think one of the kids favorite parts is when we go to pick them up from the airport.

Like always, we made a list of things that the kids would like to do with their beloved Grandma and Papa.
1. Nail Polish-Emmy wanted to go and get her nails done.  Emmy and I went on my birthday to get our nails done. It was wonderful to be pampered.  Emmy loved every minute and is already making plans to go again. 

2.  Fooseball/ Air Hockey- We were given a small air hockey/ foose ball table from our friends that the kids just LOVE and they loved playing  air hockey and foose ball  games with their Papa.
3. Eat Lunch With Me- First thing Hyrum wanted on the list was for my parents to eat lunch with him at his school.  One of the things that makes Hyrum the happiest is when people eat lunch with him at school.

4.  Zoo-  We went to the special dinosaur exhibit that Ben and Emily went to with their preschool class. Ben and Emmy were excited to show Grandma, Papa and Hyrum the dinosaurs.


The kids were particularly excited to show Papa the snake exhibit since my dad is scared of snakes.  The told him that they would hold his hand if he gets scared.





5.  The Park- The kids love it when my dad chases them around at the park
6.  Chuck E Cheese- We went here for my birthday with the kids and had a great time.
7. Mini Golf-  The kids were so excited to go Mini Golfing with my dad. They had a great time.

8. Sweet Cece's- This is one of our favorite sweet treat places in Memphis.


9.  Pick Strawberries- We took the kids to the pick your own strawberry patch that we have gone to for the past few years.  The kids love going and have a great time picking strawberries. Also, my sweet mom made jam from the strawberries for me.




10. Videos- The kids love to snuggle up and watch movies with my parents.
11.  Bacon- My parents took the kids to Costco to pick out TWO big bags of bacon
12. Shopping- We did a lot of that.
13.  Play Games-  The kids absolutely loved playing the card game Monopoly with my parents and still continue to play the game almost daily.
14. Blueberry Pancakes- My kids LOVE it when my dad makes blueberry pancakes for them.  Having my dad make these pancakes for them is a MUST every time.  My dad even brought his mickey mouse shaped cookie cutter to use when he made the kids their pancakes.



15. Donuts- Another must when my parents visit, as well as having chocolate milk when eating the donuts.
16.  Books- My kids love snuggling up with my parents and reading books.  It is one of their favorite things to do.

17. Children's Museum-  The kids always have a great time there.





18.  Baseball- We went to Hyrum's Baseball practice.
19. Read Snake Book-  The kids wanted my dad to read them the snake book since they think it is hilarious that he is afraid of snakes.
20. Carousel


Hyrum loved it when Papa would walk him to school.


Lucy loved it when Papa would put on his swimsuit and give her a bath in the big tub!

We love it every time when Grandma and Papa come to visit.  I am grateful to them for the sacrifice and the time that they take to come and visit my family.   It is always so sad to see them go.



1 comment:

  1. Lucy's smile is ADORABLE!!! I love this post and that they made a list of all the things they wanted to do together. That is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete