Thursday, October 28, 2010

Finger Painting with Shaving Cream

At the end of September, the kids and I did a fun activity together. To start, I read the kids one of their favorite books Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. If you haven't read this book to your child, you should. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a great book that talks about letters.

After we finished reading the book, I let the kids finger paint letters...with shaving cream! The kids loved every minute!I left the book out so they could see different letters they could draw and what they looked like.Ben and Emmy were disappointed when I said it was time to finish the activity.

This activity worked really well for Ben since sometimes he gets frustrated with the fact that he can't write letters as well as he would like, but for whatever reason during this activity he didn't mention not once having a hard time. I love that in some of the pictures you can see the letters he has written and see how proud he looks on his face.Emmy was very proud of the letters she drew in the shaving cream.I think this activity would also be fun for kids working on their spelling words.

Painting with shaving cream was such a fun activity for myself and the kids.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I need to be a fun mom, like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea. that looks like fun. i just might have to try it. my kids love chicka chicka boom boom too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. This makes learning more fun.

    ReplyDelete