Thursday, December 30, 2010

Turkey Dinner

To start Thanksgiving off, Brandon and my dad went to the annual Turkey Bowl and had a great time.

We had a great Thanksgiving Dinner. The food was fantastic. My parents made most of it and did a wonderful job. Hyrum made this cute place mat at school for his feast and decided he wanted to use it for our family feast.The boys wore their Thanksgiving hats they made at school.Emmy took a nap right before the big meal and was still a little drowsy for the dinner.
We made sure to get a special fancy drink for the meal since it was a tradition on my mom's side of the family.I made orange rolls for Brandon since having orange rolls for Thanksgiving dinner is a tradition on his family.Brandon's mom sent these fun turkeys for the kids to color. We used them to help decorate the table and make it festive. We had beside our table the turkey we made earlier in the week for Family Home Evening. Everyone wrote on a few feathers what they were thankful for. I loved the turkey. Ben was so sweet, he wanted one of his feathers to say mom and he wanted me to have the feather not put it on the turkey.Below are two videos of Ben singing some Thanksgiving songs. Emmy wouldn't sing them for us, she was a little shy and still trying to wake-up.

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. After the meal, Brandon, my dad, Camille and I went and saw the new Harry Potter movie. We then came home and played some games.

I was so happy and thrilled that my parents and sister came to visit me. We are so lucky to have them in our lives and are so grateful for all that they do for us.

1 comment:

  1. Fun day! Tell Brandon we do orange rolls, too, so his family must be awesome!

    ReplyDelete