Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Hard Lesson Learned

Back in April, the kids learned a hard lesson.  The spray paint had been recently used for Hyrum's Pinewood derby car and was left out. Some girls were teasing the boys through the fence. The kids thought it would be a good idea to spray paint the girls through our fence.  Luckily, no spray pain ended up on the girls' clothes (a little ended up on the fence).  Ben then decided that it was a good idea to practice his spelling on the shed and spell the word drem (dream) with spray paint. 

Even though I knew the paint wouldn't come off, I still had the kids scrub the shed with tooth brushes. They weren't happy with me that I was taking their picture.  However, they didn't complain too much when I had them clean. They knew they made a big mistake and have learned not to play with spray paint! 

1 comment:

  1. you are so patient! I mean, how did you even think of what the consequence should be? that's the thing i have the hardest time with...so they do something totally shocking and naughty and then you have to come up with something....
    You're such a great mom.

    ReplyDelete