Friday, March 12, 2010

Flashback Friday- October 2009

Back in October, on the the 17th, the same day we had a soccer game, the twins' birthday party and my parents were here, I ran a 5K at Brandon's school. The pictures below are from before the race.

It was a late afternoon/early evening run in downtown Memphis. To be honest, I was worried about making a fool of myself because most of the people who were running the 5K looked fit and young. I was worried I would be left in the dust. I was still hoping to come in under 30 minutes.
Waiting for the race to begin

Through out the week, I think I started to develop a cold of some sort and had problems breathing because I was coughing. When I crossed the finish line, I had a major coughing fit.

Of course for the final stretch of the race I had my cute little crew cheering me on! I really enjoyed having the support on the last part of the race. I also was pleased that my dad could be there for the race. It really meant a lot for me to have him there.

As I rounded the final corner of the track, I noticed that the clock read 29:55 or so. I knew I couldn't make the last little bit in under five seconds. I was so disappointed that I was so close to my goal and yet so far. My final time for the race was 30:18; a personal best!

It was fun to run the race with a whole group of friends from our ward. I was one of the few of the group who didn't run the race with a stroller.
LtoR Brandon, Addy, Me, Lacey, Joe, Seth, Angie, Whitney and Josh
Me and Lacey

I have a 5K tomorrow and my goal will once again be to come under 30 minutes.

7 comments:

  1. You go girl! That's a great goal, and you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard you came in under 30 in the race today! Congrats! Was this post from the 5k on beale street? I really wanted to do that one, it looked like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it went well today? When do you train?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see what your time was--hope you did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Running is so fun! I hope the race went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome goals! That's really great that you're out there running and staying fit.

    ReplyDelete