Sunday, March 28, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

The kids were very excited for St. Patrick's Day to come. Hyrum had been telling our family about St. Patrick's Day and how if you don't wear green you get a soft pinch or a tickle for weeks before the hoilday. The kids were so cute picking out pajamas with green on them to wear the night before so they would be ready for St. Patrick's Day when they woke-up in the morning. Also, the kids loved finding clothes that had green on them to wear for the festive day. Emmy went even as far as finding green underwear to wear.

We started St. Patrick's Day off with a GREEN breakfast. The kids thought it was pretty silly that they were eating green food. Emmy was a little turned off with the idea of eating green food and hardly ate any breakfast.
I think I have mentioned before that I do a playschool with the twins and a few other women in our ward.

When the kids arrived I had them do puzzles.We talked about the letter "L", the sound it makes and about various items that start with the letter "L".Next, the kids made Leprechaun hats.After the Leprechaun hats were made, the kids enjoyed moving to some music.

For snack, I had various green treats such as cucumbers, a green pepper, an apple, grapes, kiwis and a pear. We talked about the various foods as the kids ate them. For a drink the kids had green sherbet with sprite and cool whip sprayed on top. The kids enjoyed their treat while I read them a book about Leprechauns. While the kids were finishing eating, a Leprechaun came and made a big mess and sent them on a treasure hunt. At the end of their treasure hunt the kids found some fun squirt guns.

The treasure hunt was the end of playschool for the day. I really have enjoyed being able to participate in a playschool with all my children (at some point) and I love being able to use things I learned from college.

After preschool, a friend called and invited us to go to her house to do a fun Leprechaun craft and play. The kids had a fabulous time.
Later in the day, the kids went with me to the gym and when we came home we found a trail of shamrocks a Leprechaun left to lead them to some fun workbooks.For dinner, I made corned beef and cabbage. It actually turned out really well. The kids wanted to wear their Leprechaun hats for dinner.

Overall, it was a very fun and festive green day!

No comments:

Post a Comment