Monday, February 16, 2015

My Beautiful Emmy

Turning eight is a big deal at our house. After a child turns eight, they have the opportunity to choose whether or not to be baptized.  My dear Emmy made the choice to be baptized and become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I am so lucky to be Emmy's mom.

Emmy is a beautiful girl inside and out. I love her smile! I love the happiness that shines through her eyes as she smiles or laugh.
I love her beautiful brown eyes and the splattering of freckles on her cheeks and nose.

One of Emmy's talents is making others feel loved and special. There is nothing quite like an Emmy hug to brighten your day.

Another talent of Emmy's is that she knows how to work hard to develop a talent or skill. Recently, Emmy and I have been working on the piano together. She has improved leaps and bounds as she has practiced.

Also, Emmy has improved so much with her confidence in her reading ability. She has always been an amazing reader, she just needed to realize it for herself.


Even though Emmy is a timid and shy soul at times, she has shown great courage each Fast Sunday. Shortly before her baptism, Emmy has borne her simple testimony in Sacrament Meeting. I know getting up in front of everyone is a total step outside of her comfort zone.

I am in constant awe of Emmy's creative abilities. She is always creating something out of nothing!  Emmy is always thinking outside of the box.
Emmy is an amazing athlete. Emmy was a great defender when she played soccer, improved tremendously in her basketball skills, and is an excellent runner.

Emmy is a great big sister to Lucy. Emmy is always there for Lucy to comfort her, help her and love her.

I absolutely love the fact that I find random love notes around the house from Emmy.

One of the memories I have of Emmy,  was during the time spent in the NICU after she was born. I remember seeing my beautiful baby girl as I held her fully awake and alert. I was blown away from the strength of her spirit that I could feel. Fresh from heaven and innocent, she was a great reminder of the love our Heavenly Father has for us.

Even now, Emmy still has a beautiful spirit about her that testifies what a good person she is. Emmy tries her best, she is not perfect, but she tries to be like the Savior.   Emmy is a beautiful daughter of God! 


No comments:

Post a Comment