Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Parades

For our lone date night in December, Brandon and I went to a local Christmas parade (first weekend in December). Brandon had heard there was supposed to be free hot chocolate at the parade. Since it was so cold, we decided to look for the free hot chocolate first. By the time we found the hot chocolate the parade was starting. It was a pretty fun small town parade.
I loved all the marching bands. Brandon and I were exposed to some very interesting Memphis style color guard dance moves...only in Memphis. Also, I think there must be some new camouflage trend we don't know about. It seemed like around fifty percent of the people at the parade were wearing camo. I am not just talking about older people wearing camo, but mostly high school students were wearing the camo.

We had such a great time at the parade we decided to take the kids to a parade the next night.

We bundled up the kids as best as we could, made some hot chocolate and packed some fun treats the next night and headed to the parade. I didn't think it would be as cold as the night before since the parade was a couple of hours earlier than the other parade; however, the kids were still cold! The kids had fun watching the parade. I think the only downer of the night was the fact that the weather was still a little cold for the kids. The highlights of the parade for the kids I think was the candy which was thrown to them and Santa waving to them at the end of the parade. Even though it was super cold, we had a great time. I love it when we do things as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment