Sunday, January 31, 2010

Talking Tibberators

One of my new goals is to do a better job documenting the funny things the kids tell me and do.

The other day Brandon decided to make pumpkin waffles for breakfast. While he finished cooking the last few waffles, Brandon asked the kids what they thought the waffles might taste like. Ben's response was, "I think that they will taste like Utah...mmm Utah." It was so cute and so funny!

While I was driving in the car the other day with the kids, Hyrum was sharing his thoughts on motorcycles. He really wants one. He said, "Mom, can I please get a motorcycle? I will drive it very quietly." I told Hyrum that driving it quietly wasn't what I was worried about. I then went on to ask him if he would drive it carefully or crazy. Hyrum got a big smile on his face and told me that he would drive the motorcycle CRAZY!

Some might remember this post where Emmy tells me that Jesus said she could have another yogurt. The other day I set out some socks and shoes for her to wear for the day. I ask her to get her socks and shoes on and the next thing I see is her wearing flip-flops. I asked her why she was wearing her flips-flops and she told me, "Santa said I could."

This picture will give you a good idea of the boys' bunk bed before I start my next little story. The boys have discovered the Rubbermaid storage bins and their lids that I store under their bed. They like to drive their cars on the lids. The other day the boys were having fun playing in their room and having a good time. I decided to go back and check on them. When I went into the room I found the boys sitting on the top bunk in a lid of a storage box. Hyrum was aiming the lid to go down off the bunk bed (like one would do with a sled on the top of a hill). Hyrum then tells Ben, "Ben, this is going to be scary." I decided that it was best to stop the situation instead of finding a camera. However, I still wish I got a picture of their craziness. At least I don't have to question their creativity, right?

3 comments:

  1. Out of the mouths of babes, huh? I love it when the kids say funny things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA Those are awesome :) I love the "mmmm Utah!" And Emmy is adorable. Oh by the way I did totally use that line on Jon the other day when he told me I couldn't have anymore chocolate. When I told him your story he said that was totally awesome. Your kids are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sledding story! It makes me miss your little family!

    ReplyDelete