Monday, January 25, 2010

Grandma-Great's Christmas Party

On December 23rd, my grandma had her annual Santa Claus party. When we arrived at the party, we were given a sticker. We were told to start at the activity that matched our sticker.
There were many fun games to be played.

Emmy liked playing Don't Eat the Snowman with Papa and Aunt Karen.Hyrum playing Chinese Checkers with Millie, Shaner and BaileyBen playing BINGO
Ben and Hyrum playing Don't Eat SantaEmmy helping Millie being in charge of Don't Eat Santa. I am sure she wanted to stay by the candy!Playing Christmas BINGO Lto R Bailey, Emmy, Ben, Shaner, Kate and Hyrum Hyrum playing the Cotton Ball GameAunt Dutch is guiding Hyrum through the activity.Ben playing the Mouse GameAfter playing games for a little bit we had a delicious pizza dinner.Hyrum and Kate
Emmy loved playing with my cousin Jane throughout the evening. Jane was such a good little friend to Emmy. When everyone had finished eating, my grandma wanted me to sing a song I sang when I was little. When I was about Emmy's age, I would stand on top of a chair and sing my heart out to anyone who would listen. Below is me singing my song.



After I finished my song, grandma asked Emmy if she would sing her favorite song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."Emmy was in a room full of people and didn't really know anyone except my parents and Sean and Millie. I was surprised that she actually sang the song and wanted to. Emmy was a little bit timid in singing.


When Emmy and I finished singing, everyone sang some Christmas songs about Santa and then Santa came!

Waiting for Santa to come!Hyrum, Millie and Jane waiting for Santa
Watching Santa talking to other kids.Hyrum was very excited for his turn!
Santa told Hyrum how he knows that Hyrum likes to go to Lake Powell and he knew that Hyrum did a great job playing soccer in the fall. Santa told Ben how he knew that he started playing soccer in the fall and that he scored a goal. Ben wasn't worried at all about talking to Santa.Papa Van did an excellent job sneaking Emmy on Santa's lap. I love the picture of her looking up at Santa with her big brown eyes! Santa told Emmy how he knows she LOVES babies and that she LOVES getting into mommy's make-up.The kids were very excited to look in their bag to see what Santa gave them.

Emmy's favorite part were the nummies she found.Ben has loved his soccer gloves.Hyrum has been in heaven with his awesome Spiderman toothbrush.To end the night, we sang some more Christmas songs. The kids enjoyed making music while we sang.The kids loved the cookies and ice cream they had before we left for grandma and papa's house.

Hyrum and Calvin.It was such a fun night. One thing I really loved about our trip to Utah was the time we were able to spend with family. There was such a fun spirit in the air when we celebrated Christmas that evening.

3 comments:

  1. Holidays with the family are the best! Love the videos! It looks like you all created some pretty awesome memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love how much thought she put into all the game stations and stuff. I wish I could have heard your songs, but they weren't working :(

    ReplyDelete