Friday, October 28, 2011

Grandma and Papa's Visit

I was so lucky to have my parents come visit after I had Lucy. They were a huge help! They held Lucy, read stories, played games, did puzzles, watch movies, gave Lucy baths. My parents and the kids went to the children's museum, went and saw Cars 2, got donuts, went out for some Memphis BBQ and pizza. My mom and dad also took the kids to their first soccer game of the season, soccer practice, church etc. I am sure they did other fun things, but I took a few naps while they were here and missed a lot of the fun. It is safe to say that I wouldn't have survived that first chunk of time if they hadn't of come. Lucy had some difficult nights during her first little bit of life and I was grateful to pass her off to my parents in the morning so I could take a nap. Also, I think by having them here it really helped Hyrum, Ben and Emmy adjust to having a new baby in the home a little easier.

I love this picture for a few reasons. First, my beautiful mom, who just had a birthday, is in the photo. Second, I love how the picture shows Lucy's favorite way to sleep/cuddle, legs scrunched up under her on someones chest. Third, I love how this picture shows off her beautiful dark hair!I am so grateful that they were able to come and see Lucy and help me out. It was really hard for me to say good-bye to them when we dropped them off at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment