Monday, October 10, 2011

Lucy Louise

Last Tuesday, almost a week ago, we welcomed a beautiful baby girl into our family. Unlike any of my other deliveries, this one was normal and wonderful. It will be a day that I will always treasure. There was such a special spirit that surrounded her much anticipated arrival into this world. Just thinking about Lucy's birth brings tears to my eyes thinking of the gentle and loving spirit that was there. We named her Lucy Louise. Lucy because we like the name and also for whatever reason my great-grandpa called my great-grandma that name often. Also, Louise is my grandpa's mother's name. Little Lucy weighed 9lbs even and 20 3/4 inches long with a HEADFULL of dark brown hair. She probably had as much hair as all my other children did combined.

We are so lucky to have baby Lucy in our family. We love her so much. She was prayed for often and sometimes multiple times (around four times) for in our prayers during my pregnancy. It was fun to hear Hyrum declare the other day to Ben and Emmy that Lucy was better than a new toy. I love that Emmy always comes up to Lucy to give her gentle strokes and kisses. I love how Ben comments on how cute Little Lucy is all the time. I feel greatly blessed and honored to be Lucy's mom. I am so in love with our "little new addition."

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm glad it went so well. She's precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful, Natalie! Congratulations, I can't wait to meet her. And I'm so glad that your delivery was normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely amazing. I hope your recovery goes quickly and well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful! Love those cute chubby cheeks! :) Congratulations Tibbitts family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Tibbitts family!! She is adorable! Enjoy your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation you guys! She is absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's darling!! Congrats Natalie and Brandon, I'm so glad everything went so well for you, you deserve it!! Love, Linds

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is precious! I love how fast kids adapt to the new additions. My kids also prayed and still pray for Jackson. They are such a part of the family before they even are born. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, congratulations! She is beautiful :) It's so great to hear about how much the other kids love her. I remember when you had the twins. What an awesome addition to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie! I bet it will be so nice to have a few hours alone with her everyday to just enjoy one little baby. She is adorable! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete