Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lucy is Two Weeks Old

Lucy is two weeks old today. Time has gone by so fast already. I am wishing that I would have taken more pictures of this adorable and fun newborn stage. Lucy has the cutest cheeks! I love her wrinkles on her her body and fat rolls. I am loving the cuddles and kisses and loving hearing the noises that she makes as she sleeps. I love the way she smells. Nothing is better than a newborn's smell. I love the adorable look on her face that she has when she cries. I also love the fact that she has been giving me great stretches of sleep during the night. Just yesterday she slept from 11:00 -6:30 and the day before 10:30-5:30.

Brandon has already spent a couple nights on the floor in the bathroom with Lucy. Lucy loves the sound of the fan when she sleeps. Luckily, one of our friends is letting us borrow their white sound maker.

Lucy LOVES to be held. She scrunches up her legs under her into a little ball position and lays her head on your chest.

Lucy LOVES baths. She loves being in the water. Lucy will look at everything very alert and interested.

Lucy HATES getting dressed.

Lucy HATES getting her diaper changed.

Ben, Emmy and Hyrum LOVE Lucy. Emmy is constantly giving Lucy hugs, kisses and stroking her. She is so pleased to have a sister and loves to show her off any chance she can. Ben has held her one other time other than the hospital; however, he will comment often how cute baby Lucy is. Hyrum is eager to hold Lucy and smiles while doing so.

I took Lucy to her two week appointment today. She only weighed 8 lbs 10 oz. She still isn't back up to her amazing birth weight of 9 lbs. She grew a half of an inch coming in at 21 1/4 inches or 21.2 inches. The doctor isn't too concerned yet about her weight. She said that bigger babies lose more weight than the smaller babies after they are born. Also, she said that even though she isn't back up to the 9 lbs, she still is in the 75th percentile for weight and the 90th percentile for her height and head circumference. I was surprised that she wasn't a little closer to her birth weight. She is an excellent eater and I know that I have a great milk supply. We go back in a week for a weight check. Other than that, the doctor seemed to be pleased with how things were going with our littlest princess.Lucy is such a sweet spirit with a feisty personality. We are so lucky to have our little Lucy in our life.

4 comments:

  1. she is so dang cute and chunky!! my youngest was born at 9 lbs 2 oz so i know what its like having a chunky little one, he came home in 3 month clothes and a 7 months wears 18 month clothes! all our kids sleep with "noise makers" I got ours at bed bath and beyond for around 20 no one in our house can sleep with out the rain sound anymore cause we have had one going since my 2nd daughter was born! They really are great to block out noise of older siblings playing

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH! She is SO cute:) I love that little face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad she is doing so well! That purple outfit is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete