Sunday, October 2, 2011

Recently Part 2

I realized that I missed many of the stories I wanted to tell about the kids in my recent post.

My kids (mostly Ben and Emmy) have become obsessed with road signs. Riding with them in the car, is like riding with your Driver's Ed instructor. They are constantly shouting out the signs they see and what the signs mean. The kids have moved passed the boring STOP signs, they know what those mean. They warn me excessively about curves ahead, what the speed limit is and then proceed to ask me if I am driving the speed limit. The kids also tell me about possible reindeer on the road and traffic lights, and school zones ahead and inform me when I would be able to park our van. The kids will ask me what a certain sign or mark on the road means if it is unfamiliar to them. Our car rides are never boring.

Recently, Ben and Emmy were playing outside while Brandon was working on the car. He overheard their conversation which they were having with a grasshopper. They had tried in vain to capture the insect. Brandon heard Ben and Emmy bargaining with the grasshopper telling it that if it came back they would let it be the daddy when they play family (which is a big deal at our house) and that they would be nice with it. From my understanding the pleading went on for a little bit and Brandon got a good laugh out of it.

Ben, Emmy and I love to go to story time at the library. The librarian there does a great job and reads various books about a certain topic and either has a craft for the kids to do, a puppet show or book on video for the kids to watch. The kids love going to the library and have a set routine of things they do. They even check out their books from the same librarian EVERY time.

The kids play "story time" quite often at our house. Below are pictures of Emmy playing "story time" at home. She even has her books set out just like the librarian does.

I am grateful for the time I have to stay at home and take care of them. I love being their mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment